6 tips for making your own soups
With Thermomix®, making soup has never been so easy:
1) Chop and mince vegetables for a few seconds on speed 4 or 5, depending on whether you want to keep large pieces
2) Sauté the chopped vegetables in a little oil or butter to release aromatic flavours
3) Cook in broth or water. Precise temperature control ensures you’ll have no boiling over
4) Steam meat, fish, extra vegetables or dumplings in Varoma while the soup cooks, to add to the soup or for the next course. Learn more about multi-level cooking here.
5) To thicken your soup, add a small quantity of potatoes or rice, or ground pulses such as chickpeas (no soaking needed, grind them into flour in Thermomix®)
6) Blend to the smoothest of velvety textures – Thermomix® is famous for its powerful blending – or keep it chunky.
Keep in mind: when you blend hot liquids, increase the speed gradually to avoid sudden splashing.